Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im gonna get rid of the crappy tires that came on my wifes passat ...what have people gotten to replace the crappy contis

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my Michelins. Normally the OEM Michelins are nothing to write home about but I'm impressed with these. For an all season tire they hold the line fairly well and don't squeal much at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
TRY THE Bridgestone G 009

These are a great deal for an A/S Tire - The look really SWEET.

I have also had Bridgstone LS-H with good success - just too expensive now.

All on 16" rims. Running 205/55/16.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
so im gonna get rid of the crappy tires that came on my wifes passat ...what have people gotten to replace the crappy contis
I do agree that the stock Michelins used by VW are a so-so tire, especially in the rain. Now are you looking for a Ultra High Performance Tire, or an All-Season Tire that has some High Performance characteristics. I have to 2nd the recommendation of checking PW's Wheel & Tire Forum, or do some research on sites like Tirerack.com!

I have to highly recommend the Toyo Proxes 4's. The Proxes 4's are basically an Ultra High Performance All-Season tire that handles great in dry/wet/light snow conditions. I ran a set on my W8 and had no complaints, so when I purchased my 3.64Mo I swapped the stock Michelins with no regrets.

Good luck,

Will aka The Swami

1 - 8 of 8 Posts