Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone remove their steering wheel and remember the type and size of nut/bolt holding it on? Bentley just doesn't say and other posts say it is big....is it a torx or hex and I would need to know the size as if I get the airbag out and don't have the right size of wrench I'll be screwed.

TIA

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Dave,

You should of told me you wanted to do this as I could have loaned you my tools over the weekend.;)

Tom

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts
I've had a cruise kit for ages, still haven't got round to fitting it and the only part I'm shying away from is removing the wheel.

Take detailed pics, I dare you!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had a cruise kit for ages, still haven't got round to fitting it and the only part I'm shying away from is removing the wheel.

Take detailed pics, I dare you!
Yeah I will if I am brave enough!

Dave,

You should of told me you wanted to do this as I could have loaned you my tools over the weekend.;)

Tom
Yeah I know! About two weeks ago I had the crazy relay clicking noise. It lasted a day and then went away. It happened again this morning. From what I have researched here I need to clean the contacts at the base of the turn signal indicator. Anyone have any idea how long this stupid task should take?

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
You can use a large Hex wrench, I will check the size when I get home.

If you are trying to get to the electrical connections at the rear you can remove the up colnum panel.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can use a large Hex wrench, I will check the size when I get home.

If you are trying to get to the electrical connections at the rear you can remove the up column panel.
Thanks....can I clean the signal contacts without removing the wheel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts