Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 02 1.8t in for 40K service on Friday and they check to see why things are idling so rough. Come to find out I had a cracked Vac line that runs from the top of the intake manifold.

I pick the car up Fri late and it seems to be running fine. Then all of a sudden CEL blinking like crazy and idle is rough again. Once I get home I look at the eninge and see that the Vac hose connected to the intake manifold is fine on the end connected to the manifold. But the other end instead of being clamped has been put together with electrical tape. Can someone post a pic of this vac hose so I can know how it "should" look.

Dang stealership!

Thanks!
kypassat

·
Registered
261 Posts
Makes you wonder if they replaced it at all or just cut the hose before the break. The OEM vacuum hoses are crap. Just take your car to any garage and tell them that you want all the braided vacuum lines replaced with thick walled vacuum lines. When I had mine done it was around $70.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Corey - I sent pix to your e-mail account of my engine with the cover off. Just let me know if you need more or close ups of anything.

Cheers,

Sullie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts