Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2002 Passat 1.8T GLS and for about the past 2 months, we've encountered an annoying problem. Sometimes, usually after a good drive between 5 - 100 miles, we can shut the car off, go do our business and come back and the car will turn over, and then it shuts off. The RPM guage goes to 1K and then back to 0. Also, when accelerating around town in a normal, non-fast way, the car seems to stutter before actually starting to roll at around 5 to 10 mph. We had the car in with the dealer yesterday and they checked it out and drove and could not find the problem. Has anyone else had this problem with the 1.8T?

A friend who has a 1.8T Jetta told me that his did this and it was the coolant sensor. The old one was a black top and the new was a green top that he had replaced it with and he claimed in cured the problem with his Jetta. Anyone know if this sensor exists in the Passat's and if so, where it is?

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YetAnother20V said:
There is a coolant sensor on the Passat but I doubt if that is your problem. The coolant sensor is on the engine, BTW.

Do you get a CEL? Anything?
I knew the sensor was on the engine, but where on the engine was my question. I guess I should have been more specific.

We haven't gotten any CEL's yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.