Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where this wire goes from starter relay in the dash to the actual solenoid at the starter. What route does it take ? Color ? Connectors is goes through ?

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
There is no actual starter relay.
The small wire from starter solenoid term 50 connects to Connector T10d/4 on the firewall, then to 13 position relay panel, Term 87 on relay #12, term 30 to to term 87 on relay #13, term 30 to ignition switch.
If no relay #12, it goes from T10d/4 to relay #13 term 87.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no actual starter relay.
The small wire from starter solenoid term 50 connects to Connector T10d/4 on the firewall, then to 13 position relay panel, Term 87 on relay #12, term 30 to to term 87 on relay #13, term 30 to ignition switch.
If no relay #12, it goes from T10d/4 to relay #13 term 87.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ! Where is T10D ? I think I read that is in the "A" pillar post (blue connector )? The reason I'm chasing this trigger wire is to try to avoid removing the splash pan which I assume will at leas make the solenoid visible so can test the starter right there..
Thanks again for your reply

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I believe the T10d connector is on the firewall, but I don't know the colour.
I suggest you check at the relays.
I would remove the splash pan.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ... I will remove the splash panel. Do yo think doing so will enable me to see the solenoid and short the trigger stud to the 12 volts to see if the starter will spin ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts