Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'vortex is now posting ads disguised as articles, but this one was intriguing. It's a pre-wash spray for removing dirt from the car before washing. I'm mildly sold on the concept of rinsing/removing dirt before washing, but my skept-o-meter is rising. It claims to be pH balanced alluding to neutral chemical behavior but there are no figures for alkalinity or acidity either way.

Is this smoke and mirrors or does this stuff really work? Has anyone had any experiences with this product or something similar/competitive?

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/industry_news/article_905.shtml

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you keep a good coat of wax or similar on your car and use a decent shampoo, then I find just a quick rinse with a watering can all the pre-wash I need.

Sometimes I wash the car in the rain if it's very dirty - then all the muck is soft and comes off easy. Dry it when it stops raining.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
^ Yeah, my pre-wash is just the water from the hose; I do have a couple of layers of Klasse and carnuba on top though.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked in the Detailing forum, sponsored by none other than the retailer of the stuff, and my post got deleted. Now, all I asked was what the pH factor actually is and what the stuff compares to. Getting deleted has doubled my skepticism.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
wow. that's pretty telling. I was actually looking forward to trying it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.