Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear Savannah, GA is second to Boston for the craziness and effort the entire town puts into the "holiday". I was wondering if anyone has been and has any tips, impressions, or great stories. Sorry New York, better keep working on it I guess :lol:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
30vVT said:
I hear Savannah, GA is second to Boston for the craziness and effort the entire town puts into the "holiday". I was wondering if anyone has been and has any tips, impressions, or great stories. Sorry New York, better keep working on it I guess :lol:
I don't think anyone would ever argue that Boston is #1 when it comes to celebrating St. Patty's Day - especially considering its very deep Irish rooted history. NYC certainly has a rich Irish heritage woven into its tapestry, but not as much as Beantown. NYC does throw a pretty neat parade for it though.

On the other hand, I never heard of Savannah, GA as being a hot bed of St. Patricks Day revelry. Who knew. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Good luck finding a toilet during the celebrations!

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Savannah is awesome because it's a huge parade, tons of people, and still a small town. No giant $$$$$$$$ floats, just a lot of fun. And backhoe loaders. JCB Machines US operation is based out of Savannah, so they bring a ton of equipment in for the parade.

I liked it because it was fun and not commercial.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I was there last year, and had a very nice time. Yes, they really get into St. Patty's Day there Its like what Mardi Gras used to be like in New Orleans. On River street its a drunk fest, just like Burbon St. except more crowded and more younger people. All of the historic downtown area gets into the spirit so if you are needing to get away from River St. crazyness there are plenty of other areas to have fun.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I can finally go! Savannah is supposed to be awesome for st. patty's day. I turned 21 right after it last year. I don't know if I'll go or not, but it's supposed to be great. They turn the river green, and there are tons of crazy people and everyone's gettin shotty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts