Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this only happens in the morning and im wondering if it could possibly be the engine mounts.

ive searched about squeeks and have only come up with suspension squeeks.

Well my squeek is noticably coming from the engine bay when i accelerate or deccelarate. if im moving and put it in neutral and press the gas there is no squeek. ONLY WHEN I ACCELARATE and decelarate do i hear a quick squeek.

when the car is all warmed up the queeks go away.

if it is the engine mounts how much does it cost to get them replaced at a shop?

anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

8,184 Posts
Hmmm...thats got to be a ten or your waterpump going bad. a motor mount will just make you feel the car shake like crazy. Have you ever gotten the TB done before?? what does your sept belt look like?? if you look on the inside of the sept belt do you see any funny kind of wear alond the inside?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm...thats got to be a ten or your waterpump going bad. a motor mount will just make you feel the car shake like crazy. Have you ever gotten the TB done before?? what does your sept belt look like?? if you look on the inside of the sept belt do you see any funny kind of wear alond the inside?
Just had the TB done and the serp. and the water pump, tens. the works about 3 monthss ago.

what about tranny mount?

8,184 Posts
Call them and tell them the problem you are having...whatever is the cause of the noise...I am thinking hard thats its belt driven, and something to do with the TB replacment. heres an odd question but have you checked your PS level?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i havent checked the PS level. but it only squeeks or should i say chirp when accelerate or release the gas pedal.

if my PS level was low it would squeek when turning right?

would it be a continaul squeek if it were belt driven? The chirping stops when the cars warmed up from driving about 5-6 minutes.

8,184 Posts
no i havent checked the PS level. but it only squeeks or should i say chirp when accelerate or release the gas pedal.

if my PS level was low it would squeek when turning right?

would it be a continaul squeek if it were belt driven? The chirping stops when the cars warmed up from driving about 5-6 minutes.

I am thinking about a bearing is going bad in a ten. which acts up during cold weather. I just asked about the PS just in case I would have the wife start it while its cold and you just stand out there in the cold under the hood and really get where the noise is coming from

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am thinking about a bearing is going bad in a ten. which acts up during cold weather. I just asked about the PS just in case I would have the wife start it while its cold and you just stand out there in the cold under the hood and really get where the noise is coming from
wow i hope its not that. the car has to be in gear to hear the sound.
if im in neutral and rev the engine there is no sound.

i appreicate you input though. it seems your the only one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts