Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone else ever had the problem of a squeaky windsheild wiper arm? It all of a sudden started squeaking quite loud (to the point of giving me a headache on log rainy drives). The squeak usually occurs when the wiper is going down, but it can squeak when going up as well. Also, the squeak oddly seems to be louder when driving at slower speeds.

The Squeak sounds like it is coming from where the wiper arm is bolted the the wiper motor. I can't tell if the squeak is inside the motor or what.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Bryan

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I want to know as well as my Are Wiper blades starting doing it lately. I know I'm missing the cap on one end but didnt think that it will be the cause of the problem. I have also replaced the blades with the OEM VW refill.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I am missing the cap as well. Maybe it has rusted in there? I actually replaced that wiper arm about two months ago because my friend acidently snapped the whole thing off (I had the wiper blade raised under the hood and he decided to be nice and shut the hood for me) :p

Let me reiterate that the squeaking is not coming from the blade, but from the wiper arm. My blades are only a few weeks old and are VW OEM.

Regards,
Bryan

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please, someone help . . . this is driving me insane. I spayed WD-40 in there and it still squeaks horribly :(

Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts