Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at changing up my stock springs and adding front and/ or rear sway bars. Any recommendations and brands and models I should be looking at? I do not want to lower my car too much because our roads in Manitoba are not the best and I also want to be able to use the car in winter. Should I be looking at front and rear sway bars, which will I notice the most differnce with? Currently looking at Neuspeed front and rear swaybars and Neuspeed SofSport Springs. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
if you put a rear do not put a front sway....that is the general concensus (they kind of cancel each other out and that would be a waste of money). I have H&R sport springs, Koni adjustable shocks and Neuspeed rear sway (25mm and got a REALLY good deal on it)...very happy with this setup.

·
Registered
56 Posts
springs and shocks

Hi there.
I just installed Neuspeed sportsprings and Bilstein shocks on my 2000 variant and I LOVE IT!!! What and improvement. Not too low, not harsh,... Go for it!

My rear anti-sway bar wil be installed soon.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
With the way the car is stock, you should definately place an increased importance on the rear sways for B5s. Adding a rear sway brings the car back to a neutral feel vs the stock understeer feel. CB5ers with both front and rear sways are swearing by them so you make the call.

If you get only 1, get the rear, if you have the funds for both, get both F & R.

And yes, there are GBs for all those items. I should know! :wink:

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
S_Klass said:
With the way the car is stock, you should definately place an increased importance on the rear sways for B5s. Adding a rear sway brings the car back to a neutral feel vs the stock understeer feel. CB5ers with both front and rear sways are swearing by them so you make the call.

If you get only 1, get the rear, if you have the funds for both, get both F & R.

And yes, there are GBs for all those items. I should know! :wink:
*cough* self advertisement *cough* :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing