Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
At least the snow didn't last long. That's one thing I sure don't miss living back in WI.

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Kind of chilly here today. Low in the lower 50's with a high of 72 so far. It was 92 Monday and 96 a month ago.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Kind of chilly here today. Low in the lower 50's with a high of 72 so far. It was 92 Monday and 96 a month ago.
I would give anything for it to be a high of 72.
We were exceptionally cool for the last 2 months by AZ standards. Went from the upper 70's low 80's to triple digits in the matter of 2 days. it's been hovering around 105'ish for the last 2 weeks.
I'm tired of it already and we still have until the end of September to go. :oops:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
On a related note, the builder that I'm pretty sure is going to build our house is already saying he will tack on an additional $10k because of the heat. Some of the things that go on in this state are just criminal.

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
I'd look for another builder. Make sure you get really good insulation, I am looking at encapsulating foam for my upstairs attic as it's always several degrees warmer when the a/c runs (about 9 months of the year). The added storage space will be a nice bonus.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I'd look for another builder. Make sure you get really good insulation, I am looking at encapsulating foam for my upstairs attic as it's always several degrees warmer when the a/c runs (about 9 months of the year). The added storage space will be a nice bonus.
Another builder, that'll be tough. Only a few builders build Adobe brick type houses around here. Kinda at their mercy. They know it too.

Seeing as house will be of Adobe brick, won't need any insulation.

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Is the roof also adobe brick?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Is the roof also adobe brick?
No not of brick but of a type of cement medium. Usually painted white.
Not really a 'normal' type house here in the states. This is of the same exact design from way down in Mexico.
More of what you would see in the villages or small towns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts