Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
boy, times are tough in this economy! this car is a ringer for mine in almost every respect... there but for the grace of god go i. hmm, i wonder if they make good pizza for chicago

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Makes me miss my old car. ('05 Silverstone sedan 1.8t 5MT)
At least I still have the current one. ('05 Black wagon 1.8t Tip)

Time to start thinking about a Chicago (or Chicago/MKE) cold weather GTG.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
If that's Stonehenge, I'll eat my shoe. The car pictured above is Silverstone.

And Rabbit, glad to see I'm not the only one who tossed a 5MT sedan for a Tip wagon. And I'm doubly glad to see that I'm not the only one who (at least occasionally) regrets the hell out of it. ;)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Yes, that car is Silverstone Gray. Mine is too. I am right and traubenberg will eat his other shoe also for me if it is not :p

Silverstone Gray is customer speak, the dealer speak for this color is in fact Urban Gray Metallic (called that in Europe).

Stonehenge did not show up till 2004.5 when the funky side mirrors showed up. And Stonehenge is more silver than Silverstone.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, that car is Silverstone Gray. Mine is too. I am right and traubenberg will eat his other shoe also for me if it is not :p

Silverstone Gray is customer speak, the dealer speak for this color is in fact Urban Gray Metallic (called that in Europe).

Stonehenge did not show up till 2004.5 when the funky side mirrors showed up. And Stonehenge is more silver than Silverstone.
That car is Silvertsone Grey Metallic, just like mine. The original monroney sticker said the same thing. I ordered some touch up paint once (from VW) & they sent me Urban Grey & it wasn't even close to a match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts