Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Today, I took my car to Bel to get my shocks, springs, Chasbar, pads, and rotors installed. It only took him a little over an hour! The difference is like night and day! Squat and dive are minimized, and body roll feels non-existant. This is what the B5 should have been from the factory!

Thanks to Bel for finding the time to fit me into his busy schedule and installing all this stuff for me. Bel is knowledgable, efficient, and a classy guy and I would recommend that anyone who needs stuff done to their VW, take it to Bel. Special thanks to S_Klass and Chas for hooking up the group buys. I'll post more pics as the car settles.

BEFORE

The rears already look lowered because of all the stuff in my trunk.

AFTER:

Install shots:

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, he was working in a very methodical way. He knew EXACTLY what tools he needed for the job and only took those tools out. He followed a pattern, that I believe, he could have done with his eyes closed. If it were me trying to do what he did, I would have taken all day and my tools would have been scattered all over the place. I would have probably lost a finger and would have sprewed out such vile, venemous language that would make a trucker blush.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Actually, now that I think about it, I may drive all the way from Pittsburgh to NJ for Bel to install my KW's. Who knows of some good twisties in mid Penn. to do some before and after testing? :weirdo: :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'm glad you are happy. It's like driving a whole new car again. Hey, now that the work is done, clean her up, and send me a few pics!

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
I<3myW8 said:
Actually, now that I think about it, I may drive all the way from Pittsburgh to NJ for Bel to install my KW's. Who knows of some good twisties in mid Penn. to do some before and after testing? :weirdo: :D
ah, how bout taking I-80 back home to Rt. 28 south into pgh...

the first 35-miles of 28 (south of I-80) are pretty fun :wink:

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the compliments! I love how the cars handles. My GF notices a big difference too when it comes to cornering. The good thing is, she says the car rides as comfortably as before. For me, I notice it's a bit stiffer and that the bumps are more amplified, but not by much. Squat and dive are virtually negligable. I'll let the suspension settle some more and check for alignment in a few weeks. So far, the car goes straight.

For the new brakes, stopping seems more linear than OEM. When it was stock, the modest pressure on the brake pedal would bite really hard, lurching the passengers forward. Now, the amount of bite coincides with the amount of pedal pressure I exert. I feel more in control.

I think I'll take a break from modding for now. My wallet needs it :lol: I think the next logical step would be wheels, but that can wait until next year. I'll most likely change wheels when my tires wear out and I can convince my GF that it's cheaper to buy a used set of 16" or 17" with rubbers than to get rubbers for my 15".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.