Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone in this forums told me about locking my 02 passat (auto) into sports mode/old style with a VAG-COMshifting. or something like that. what the heck is this???

·
Registered
28,354 Posts
Yes, we will have at least 1 vag-com at the GTG.

·
Registered
180 Posts
oakhillvarial said:
--------------------------
Sport Mode

sport mode on a B5.5 is engaged by setting a different bit in the same place (4th digit from the left). The bit to set is the '1' bit.

Since the B5 is already using this bit for "new" vs "old" strategy, it doesn't appear to apply there. You will have to experiment on a B5 to figure out what is what, if anything.

From the table above for B5.5 one derives:
Transmission Code 00112
(New Strategy + Sport Mode) USA All Wheel Drive (4Motion)

Transmission Code 00114
(New Strategy + Sport Mode) USA Front Wheel Drive (FWD)

Very late model Transmission Code 01114
(New Strategy + Sport Mode) USA Front Wheel Drive (FWD)

POSSIBLE CODING Very late model Transmission Code 01112
(New Strategy + Sport Mode) USA All Wheel Drive (4Motion)

Note: By "very late model" I mean Passats built after sometime in the spring of 2002. Mine (built April 2002) falls in this category. You will know if yours is in the category when you check the stock transmission code. If there is a '1' in the 4th digit from the right, then you just leave it there. Basically it's the same, except for that '1' in the 4th digit from the right.

I don't know if this works on other years besides my own, or on 4Motion. I know it does work on an April 2002 FWD 1.8t

-----------------
After reading this i'm assuming that the SPORTSMODE code for an '05 B5.5 would be the same as the Very Late Model :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts