Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard are the VW splash guards to install? I want them, but I don't want to pay $$$ to have the dealer install them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not so worried about the simple act of drilling the car, it's just plastic anyway. I am worried about how difficult it is to line up correctly. Drilling is pretty permanent, and an error would be forever.

·
Registered
2001.5 B5.5 1.8T stick
5,608 Posts
I'm not so worried about the simple act of drilling the car, it's just plastic anyway. I am worried about how difficult it is to line up correctly. Drilling is pretty permanent, and an error would be forever.

I have intalled those on my wife's Passat. Took me about an hour or so. You need to remove all wheels before you put those on and this is the most time consuming thing... Other than that, simple drilling in plastic, not metal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How hard is it to orient the flaps correctly? Do they only fit one way, or is it harder to line them up to make them all look the same?

·
Registered
2001.5 B5.5 1.8T stick
5,608 Posts
How hard is it to orient the flaps correctly? Do they only fit one way, or is it harder to line them up to make them all look the same?
They are pretty flexible, lining them up is no biggie. They will only fit the side they are designed for... Front and rears are different...
Hope it helps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts