Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, what a fun time! This was my first visit to SD, and I really enjoyed it. I had some of the best business meals of my career there.

We ate at the Greystone, Blue Point, Trattoria La Strada, and Mare & Monti. Had drinks at Hotel del Coronado. All good stuff! I'm suffering withdrawal from all the great food and service. Yeah, it's rough!

Really didn't have time to pay much attention to the Dub scene, but I did see one variant (Colorado Red?), modded grille, 1.8T rear badge, license might have been VWDUB SUB (didn't write it down) parked in the Gaslamp section.

·
Registered
191 Posts
SD

hey I just spent 4 days in San Diego on business too! I do enjoy it. No I don't enjoy SoCal, and LA is disgusting... but SD is nice!

I did get to visit Legoland, and it was the coolest thing ever, its not just for kids!!

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: SD

brianj1591 said:
hey I just spent 4 days in San Diego on business too! I do enjoy it.
Were you at the Risk and Insurance Mgmt Society convention?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I hear that, I am in Manhatten right now for business and miss California so much. NY is great, wonderful food, and entertainment but there is still nothing like California, especially San Diego. SD supposedly has the most amount of days of sunshine vs. any city in the US "excluding Alaska". 8)

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
HvyDrnkr23 said:
I hear that, I am in Manhatten right now for business and miss California so much. NY is great, wonderful food, and entertainment but there is still nothing like California, especially San Diego. SD supposedly has the most amount of days of sunshine vs. any city in the US "excluding Alaska". 8)
I think that's Yuma, AZ with the most sunshine days, but not by many.
Plus, I'm not sure if that statistic counts the marine layer we get almost every morning that hangs around until 10am--but only very coastal parts of SD get that. Other than that, Cali--especially SD--can't be beat! :bow:(except in professional sports.) :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
SDPassatT said:
SD--can't be beat! :bow:(except in professional sports.) :p
Did you here what Mayor Murphy said yesterday when discussing the Chargers guarantee? Something like "If the Chargers make it to the playoffs, please don't snicker, they will have to ..." Way to support the home team mayor.

BTW, the Variant is my friend Traci's car. She owns a shop downtown called the Paperie.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I'll be in SD next weekend for a company retreat... aahhhh yeah one night (maybe two, one on my dime) and two days at the Hotel Del Coronado..... And this time (first in company history) that we get to bring a guest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
jwilker
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing