Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first speeding ticket yesterday. I was on a rural highway and I was on an open stretch of road following a curve and a car was coming towards me (The only car for a mile). I didnt realize it was a cop at first but he clocked me at 82 in a 55 zone. So I was clocked at 27 over. I feel terrible because I seldom drive that fast. I now have a mandatory court appearance on August 2nd as well as a $230 fine. I live in Wisconsin, does anyone know if a speeding ticket has to be signed by the officer? Is anyone familar with mandatory court dates for speeding offenses because I can find little information on them. I was just lucky I was not going any faster because 30 over is considered reckless driving. Any advice besides to slow down?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I paid $60 for a parking violation!!!

And, yes, Valentine One.....the only way to fly.

steve

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
OK< so far i have a 75 in a 40 and a 66 in a 55 under my belt :lol: I called a lawyer and got outa both of them for a price. BUT i just figured out some interesting info. GO AND GET UR SPEEDOMETER CALIBRATED. It's like 60 bucks i think. After you do that take the slip that tells you how much it was off and they will drop it in court. It might be a lil hard for you being 27 over. But then again it worked for my friend w/ his 55 in a 35. Plus this is ur first offense so the judge may be a little forgiving. And no, i don't think he has to sign it, but he just has to print his name to indicate which officer gave you the citation. GOOD LUCK MAN! and yes, Get a Valentine V1

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Both my tickets together(within one month) w/ court fee, ticket fee, and lawyer fee totalled up to about 700bucks in may of 03. SO all of you quit bitchin, lol. But i'd rather pay that then have my insurance skyrocket for 3 years.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think I win, 170 in a 70 zone. By the way 70 was in Montreal on a highway which everybody averages 130 (no comment) $600.00 bucks. I contested an won :wink: .

·
Registered
433 Posts
Non-register vehicle, Out-of-state plates, Expired Insurance, Following Too Close, No Seatbelt and Speeding. This was in my Cadillac Fleetwood too.
(How was one following too close and speeding? Hmm)
After moving out of state one week later and not showing up at the manditory court date and two years later when my license is cancelled in my new place of residence I pay $1800. Top that with out a DUI/DWI. But now it is all cleared up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.