Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone with a navigation system tell me where I can tap into the Speed Sensor for the nav portion of the install??
A location to look a wire color would be great.

Also, for a reverse location, do I need to go all the way to the back of the car at the reverse lights for that or is there something closer to the dash that I can use?

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
From this thread:

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202464&highlight=navigation+speed+sensor

The stock deck does not have this wire - it is controlled from the CAN BUS system. You need to bypass this connector and do this:

The GALA wire you refer to is behind the cluster area. It is the bluish green wire harness - With the fuse cover removed, you can see the 32pin connector in the back of your cluster. You can remove it without removing your cluster. To remove the Blue connector, push the purple tap upwards with a flat screwdriver, then pull the connector after you unlocked it. It should be the white wire with blue stripe in the connector (Pin #3).

NOTE: If you unplugged the connector while the key is in ignition, you WILL get the Airbag fault light. You need a Vag-Com or visit your dealer to remove that fualt code!!!

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
NOTE: If you unplugged the connector while the key is in ignition, you WILL get the Airbag fault light. You need a Vag-Com or visit your dealer to remove that fualt code!!![/i]
Take his word for it. Mine was on for a month before I found someonw with a Vag-Com to reset it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts