Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newly acquired 2007 Passat 2.0T had a trunk leak on passenger side, which I fixed (drain tube had become disconnected). However, when I removed the trunk liner on that side, I found a the compass and bracket dangling from the wire that it connects to. For the life of me, I can not find how the bracket is supposed to attach to the trunk interior. It's same question posted here (that has no answer): http://www.passatworld.com/forums/v...1731-2008-passat-compass-module-mounting.html

Maybe more importantly, does it matter which way the compass module is facing or does it use a GPS positioning technology to determine direction of travel, in which case I can leave it dangling.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Please post a photo of the compass and bracket / compass module.

I've got an auto-dim compass rear view mirror (Audi A6 ;) ) in my B5. The compass does not require any module to be functional.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Go to dealer spares, tell them the p/n (the 3c0) Opposite their ETKA listing will be a location diagram. AFAICR (dimly) that sits somewhere in the top of either the rear of headlining or just below the top of the boot lid cavity?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts