Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am very new to this...

Yesterday evening when driving home from the grocery store a case of water bottles hit the right rear door on my passat (from the inside of the car) and cracked the speaker cover on that door. :banghead:

I have gathered from the forums that those speaker covers can only be replaced if glued in because they are considered 'part of the door.'

I was wondering where I might find a BLACK OEM replacement speaker cover for the rear right door (though I'm guessing all the doors are the same diameter circle) on my '00 passat.

Thanks for any help if you might be able to steer me in the right direction. :)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
You won't be able to buy just the cover because it is part of the door. I suggest you find somebody who's parting out a car and buy the whole door skin. There are (or were) at least two cars being parted out here a while ago.

Your other option would be to try and glue the grill back together from the inside, the glue would be less noticeable then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone removed the door skin to replace the speakers? I have Crutchfield instructions, but I'm afraid I'll get the door apart and won't be able to get it back together. My doors have the wood trim, which appears to have complicated the job, though maybe I'm wrong. It would have been a whole lot easier if the cover could be removed.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,304 Posts
Anyone removed the door skin to replace the speakers? I have Crutchfield instructions, but I'm afraid I'll get the door apart and won't be able to get it back together. My doors have the wood trim, which appears to have complicated the job, though maybe I'm wrong. It would have been a whole lot easier if the cover could be removed.
you have to pry the piece off that runs the length of inside door pull first. That covers the two main screws holding the panel on. Then check around the edges for other screws and such, and pull. Sorry not too detailed, only did it once. Oh, and the speakers are riveted in, you will have to drill them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts