Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 B5.5 with a 2" drop springs that I am about to install. I have a set of wheels that are 8x8.5 with an ET38. I have bolted the wheel to the car and it fits well, but doesn't have much clearance. What size spacer would work on my ride. Also what bolt size bolt. I would like it to be flush. Also would a 215/40/18 work or the recommended 225/40/18.
Thanks for your help. :)

Kevin

·
Whats a fap?
975 Posts
I havz a thread about my 18x8.5 FLat fives somewhere, it has specs and spacer specs.
Currently running 225s with 15mm up front and 20mm out back, teeny weeny bit of poke, depending on whose looking though.

·
Banned
9,939 Posts
I run 215 40 on a 8.5 wheel on my old setup. Im going to be running 215 35 on the next.

both are stretched set ups. If you are on springs only and you run stretched tires you ll have a lot of wheel gap. Itll look funny in my honest opinion.

As far as the spacers, it all depends what you want your stance to be.

want to be flush? 10F 15R
want poke? 15F 20/20+ R

This is 215 40 18 without spacers on a b5 but it has more than a 2'' drop

·
Whats a fap?
975 Posts
Jp specify the offset of the wheel for better understanding. I Had a starting offset of 45 and using 15 front and 20 rear gave me a final et of 30F and 25R

·
wants you to raise up your car.
4,329 Posts
You don't need to worry about clearance issues if that's why you're thinking of getting spacers.

But if you want to be flush on all 4, get 10mm spacers for the front, 15mm for the rear. And don't run 215/40s unless you plan on going lower at some point. The whole point of having stretched tires is so you can run wide wheels and be really low without rubbing (having the fender sit over the tire). 225/40s would be a good option if you plan on staying on your 2" lowering springs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have huffs on my b5.5 what side spacers i need i want to do a 1.5 to 2" drop what kind of spacers would i need help please!!:poke:
I would think twice about that drop living were u are at. I know I lived there and had a m3 with a drop. I now have a 350z and a b5.5 and there both dropped. But I now live in Florida. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I run 215 40 on a 8.5 wheel on my old setup. Im going to be running 215 35 on the next.

both are stretched set ups. If you are on springs only and you run stretched tires you ll have a lot of wheel gap. Itll look funny in my honest opinion.

As far as the spacers, it all depends what you want your stance to be.

want to be flush? 10F 15R
want poke? 15F 20/20+ R

This is 215 40 18 without spacers on a b5 but it has more than a 2'' drop

Hey Sp33dy do you have any pic of your ride from the side?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts