Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local VW dealer has a new set of rims for sale came off of some new vehichle. I have a 1999 passat same bolt pattern 5x112.
They say I need to buy spacers for these rims to work, I believe them but I am wondering why they wont work without the spacers do they rub the brake caliper or something? Also what type spacer would be needed any insight would be helpful.:thumbup:

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
Some of the newer Vws have an offset that is much higher than yours. Something like 53 -55. When you put those on they will sit in a lot. the spacer will bring the edge of the wheel closer to the edge of the fender...making it look like it should. You might be looking at anywhere from a 15-20 MM spacer and longer lugnuts.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anybody else

anybody else know if theese will rub without the spacers or just look suckked in till the spacers come?

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
prolly not going to work, I may have some for sale if you will to wait for a week, set of 20 and 15, go ask what the offset is and we can help more.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they work

for anyone interested these rims fit with no rubbing and no spacers needed , I have had them on for 2 days now and pleased :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts