Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've finally managed to unconfuse myself on the part numbers for the heated blue split aspherical Jetta mirrors that will go on a B5.5. Took me long enough! :roll:

In any event, it appears that I want 1J1857521C and 1J2857522C. I've been looking for sources, and it appears that both Hillside and part4vws have them for about $60 each. I haven't dealt with either before (only had the car for a few weeks), and was wondering

(a) what types of experiences have people had with either
and
(b) if anyone has a source with a significantly better price.

Thanks for any info,
George

·
Registered
487 Posts
They work perfectly and were even easier than the euroswitch to install, well as easy anyway. They are a bit funky to get used to at first but they are a lot better for glare and are consistent which I prefer, I never got used to having plain on one side and convex on the other.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm used to having much larger mirrors much higher (I drove Broncos for 20 years), so the glare and limited FOV is killing me.

I'm not sure ANYTHING could be easier than the euroswitch to install. The install does look pretty easy though.

Where did you get yours? Have you used either of the sources above?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
got mine from parts4vws.com and I love it. I believe the price has gone up considerably this past year, as I paid $40-45 each.
Installation is extremely easy and takes a few minutes each.

What I like about it the most is that the blue tint cuts down on the glare at night, and the curved outer edges make you see into your blindspot. Sitting from the passenger's seat the curved mirror is dizzying distorted.

By the way, parts4vws are awesome. Fast shipping, excellent customer service, and each shipment comes with a free pack of M&Ms and/or a DVD of DubWars 2003.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I just installed a set from Hillside a couple of weeks ago. The people at Hillside were very nice and the service was great!! :thumbup: I bought a bunch of other stuff from them as well.

Here's the url if anyone needs it:
http://www.hillsideimports.com/index2.asp

It took me awhile to get use to them btw.... I would say the installation time was equal to the Euroswitch. :lol: Take your time getting the wires disconnected. Mine were on pretty tight. I almost broke one off. :shock:

Good luck...

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Parts4VWs has long been a very reputable member of the VW community, I highly recommend them. You even get a free bag of M&M's with your order. :thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turn4 said:
Any vendors offering these mirrors for the new style housings?
... and then I read THIS post and said "what 'new style housings'"? Then I went to parts4vws and saw the 'B5.5 through 2003 - does not fit 2004' comment.

SonOfAB****! The size changed, and they DON'T fit mine!! :mad:
It does explain why I didn't notice the FOV issue while test driving 2003s when my wife was looking last year, though.

Well, great thanks for the post, but, dammit, now what? Repeating the above question, anyone have any ideas on something like this for the 2004?

TIA,
George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
zooks527
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing