Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Sounding like I have a leak in the boost path or a weird diverter valve problem.

Here it goes. I have only heard this 3 times on the car in the past 2 days and have only had the car (second B5 Ive owned) for like 18 days.

When warming up ( not at mid point on guage but not cold) while acellerating with the A/C on. I get a weird sound like there is too much boost / pressure and I hear a "Woosh" sound - you know - rushing air or pressure release sound.

The car is totally stock still. Is this perhaps a bad hose from the diverter valve back into the exhaust or where ever it releases pressure to?

Thanks for any input. Want to catch this early. Should I be looking for split or cracked boost or DV hoses?

-Stephen

How would we keep up with these cars without club :b5: ????

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured. Im going to look this weekend? Any diagrams of the flow? Do they diagram that in the Bentley. I bet the do. Figures I don't have one yet. Got to get that ASAP.

Was this a symptom you also experienced?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You may also want to check around the rear of intake manifold. There was a hose on my car between the firewall and manifold that was molded in a 90 degree turn that split at the inside of the bend so I couldn't see it. Since the car only made the wooshing noise under load, I had to set the parking brake and stand to the side while my wife put the car in gear and slowly raised the rpms :nervous: It was easy to find then.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent Thanks - Howver, I think my problem was a simpler one. I may have been hearing a belt squeal rather than a Woosh of air.

I think the A/C belt is slipping a bit. I have to look a the belt routing. I'm not sure if its one of the V Belts or if its the Serpentine?

Thanks.. great PDF's~! Go :b5:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.