Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I can't play this game the way I'm playing it any more. I've decided to take down a small alliance with my good chum eshrules.

EDIT: The Alliance is WLA - White Light

If you want in, let me know.

Details are in this spreadsheet here - http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pUCgzvrQVVvlmn-i8G2TFOQ&hl=en

Anyone can look at it, but if you want to add your own details let me know and I'll invite you.

Ameoba and mikeekim share an island with one of the guys so my apologies to them. They are both big enough to defend themselves should the time come.

J-RAD - If you get any comms, let me know. So far this is 2 v 4. It is not a PACK war unless we make it so.

I hope to see some of you on the battlefield shortly.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
hey that doesnt look to far from me to bad I'm in vacation mode, if your still fighting in 2 days i will join you.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
geesh that's a hike. the nearest player to me is Daiz and he's 1 day, 6 hours for my ships. are they that far for you?

EDIT-i'm a dope. Storybook1 is more in my neighborhood. only 19 hours from them. are you just picking off player by player as you choose?
double edit-i sent spies to storybook1's colonies.

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We've begun hitting Lioss.

Two towns each, just working him down - The 150 swordsman in the town I picked was a nice shock but I'm grinding them down slowly.

I have spies in storybook1 too, he has something odd like 77 gunsmen in one town, then nothing in another.

Pick one, any one, grind them down, reap the rewards.

It's been a welcome break in a game that has gone very stale

EDIT: If anyone is close, feel free to help, they looked puny, but I may have been a little too smug

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
no sweat, we'll win it. or we won't. either way, it's what the game is about and we're BORED!!

2 spies wiped out in Storys and storys3

but the second spy had sucess in Story3-
Code:
[B]Troops in Storys3
Unit 	Quantity
Phalanx 	15
Gunsman 	15
Archer 	15
	Fleets in Storys3
Ship 	Quantity
Ram-Ship 	5
Ballista Ship 	4[/B]

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
Story4-
Code:
 	Troops in storys4
Unit 	Quantity
Phalanx 	10
	Fleets in storys4
Ship 	Quantity
No units available. 	

Troops in storys2
Unit 	Quantity
Phalanx 	13
Archer 	12
	Fleets in storys2
Ship 	Quantity
Ballista Ship 	3

resending to storys

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
Code:
 	Troops in Storys
Unit 	Quantity
Phalanx 	29
Gunsman 	72
Catapult 	6
Steam Giant 	3
Cook 	1
	Fleets in Storys
Ship 	Quantity
Flamethrower 	22

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've withdrawn from my towns

I'm regrouping, replanning and spying. I got bored, click-happy and I paid the price

When my mil hits 5k, and I have enough resources I plan to make him cry for killing so many of my troops.

I suffered my first ever total-loss in over 1.5k pillages/attacks.

I even sent him a message to commend his defensive skills

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
ok, i'll do the same.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Which towns were you hitting? I am RIGHT in that area (4x:7x), and have a farm on on of those islands.....

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We were double teaming the towns belonging to Lioss.

My mil is now at 4.5k, gold just broke 1m and pillaging is now stepped up even higher.

In a week or so I should be ready to slap down my 5th town right in the middle of their towns and hopefully, bring some pain.

In truth, I'll no doubt die like a bug, but hey, the game has a purpose now :D

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've stopped sending troops now while I regroup

Upgrades;

Army
Slinger Gold/Gold
Swords Gold/Gold
Phalanx Gold/Gold
Ram Silver/Silver
Archer Silver/Silver
Catapult Silver/Silver
Gunsmen Silver/Silver

Navy
Ram Gold/Gold
Ballista Gold/Gold
Flamer Silver/Silver
Catapult Silver/Silver
Paddle Silver/Bronze

CRs have gone thanks to this - http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271039

I took on Darkness and Dark Valley.

Darkness had a few troops and boats and went down without a fight
Dark Valley had 150 odd Swordsmen with (I suspect) Gold/Gold upgrades coupled with a 140% bonus for the wall.

I wasn't really prepared for what he had (due to the high number of spies in his hideout) and stupidly threw wave after wave of troops at him.

Those swordsmen are a great defence.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'll jump in too..... Any preference on who I hit? Lioss, Storybrook and Moriha are all in the neighborhood. Mil score is 5.2k - boys are itchin for a rumble......

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
i'm building military and upgrading troops and should be ready to start attacks soon.
"Storys" cities are closest to me.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
I've stopped sending troops now while I regroup

Upgrades;

Army
Slinger Gold/Gold
Swords Gold/Gold
Phalanx Gold/Gold
Ram Silver/Silver
Archer Silver/Silver
Catapult Silver/Silver
Gunsmen Silver/Silver

Navy
Ram Gold/Gold
Ballista Gold/Gold
Flamer Silver/Silver
Catapult Silver/Silver
Paddle Silver/Bronze

CRs have gone thanks to this - http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271039

I took on Darkness and Dark Valley.

Darkness had a few troops and boats and went down without a fight
Dark Valley had 150 odd Swordsmen with (I suspect) Gold/Gold upgrades coupled with a 140% bonus for the wall.

I wasn't really prepared for what he had (due to the high number of spies in his hideout) and stupidly threw wave after wave of troops at him.

Those swordsmen are a great defence.
Actually, they're terrible defenders. You'll get a 30% attack bonus with your swords. He gets 30% defense bonus with phalanx.

As a suggestion, send: 150 swords, 100 archers, 50 phalanx, 25 guns, 5+ cats (min), 5+ rams (min), 3 cooks, and 1 or preferably 2 docs...and however many slingers you want (not really needed).

You'll win easily with that combination.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Moriha only has troops (and navy) in Eriee. I pillaged two of the other three and sent a spy into the third. I just sent the navy at Eriee, army will follow in a bit. Here's what he has in there (it'll be gone in about 2 hours....)

Swordsman 14
Phalanx 7
Ram 2
Cook 3
Doctor 1
Archer 3

Fleets in Eriee ShipQuantity
Ram-Ship 1
Flamethrower 1
Ballista Ship 1

·
Registered
858 Posts
Code:
     Troops in Storys
Unit     Quantity
Phalanx     29
Gunsman     72
Catapult     6
Steam Giant     3
Cook     1
    Fleets in Storys
Ship     Quantity
Flamethrower     22
As of 30 minutes ago, this is still current. As is Storys2. I am going to go after Storys2 for now and build a few more units before I go after Storys. I should have the army, but don't have the navy....

·
Registered
858 Posts
Eriee is opened up too..... Got a couple of pretty good pillages out of him... 12 ships per pillage.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts