Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Easter, hope everyone is enjoying themselves. Well, it's time for a new computer. Looking at a Sony Vaio PCG-K15. I don't know much about laptops and this one seems to be reasonably priced ($1500). pentium 4, 15"xga tft xbrite display, 60g, 512 ram, dvd rw, memorystick slot, wireless etc. I like the large display, space, memory stick input and dvd burner. Has everyone had any complaints with these models of Vaio. Anyone burned dvd's? Thanks alot and have a great day. Go Mick :wink: elson!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
See my thread here -

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74655

I bought the same one, then returned it a week later. It ran VERY HOT and was bulky and it weighed a ton. I also didn't like he fact of all the pre-installed software that I would have to delete to get the system how I wanted it.

If you are OK with those things then I say go for it. The system comes pre-partitioned with the back-up/recovery disks and when I went through a burned the discs the partition was still there, the program mentioned that it would be gone after burning them. It takes about 10GB worth of your space and another 10GB worth of crap programs cluttering up the system also on the 60GB HD.

I ended up getting a Dell 600m after looking around for a good deal.

·
Registered
612 Posts
vwjedi also had some problems with his Vaio... Actually I have never heard any good comments about vaios. I have owned two IBM thinkpads... First one I bought in Highschool and 10 years later, it still works! The second I bought I in college and after 3 years of a lot of use and abuse, it still runs rock solid. I would highly recommend a mid to high range thinkpad... the cheap ones are exactly that... cheap.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah, the only think I like about my vaio is the screen. The hardware is OK, but I can do better next time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts