Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these any good? I have talked to a few local car audio shops and they say they suck and I should buy their subs only. Does sony really suck at making quality subs?

·
Registered
62 Posts
It totaly dpends on the kind of bass you are looking for. No they are not a great quality woofer, but if you just want bass and you have a decent amp then use them, but if you care about sound quality and definition and are going for straight SPL then I would go with a jbl or kicker L7.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I have had friends that had them with no problems. I would go give them a listen for yourself. Who is a better judge for your stuff than you? I am assuming that you are not going out to try and comete ina any sound competitions. If you are I can't help you. Those things are way out of my league. If you like the way they sound then there should be nothing stoping you. I personally hate Sony. But that has nothing to do with their subs. I just hate sony in general. My opinion is basically worthless. Just give them a listen for yourself. Good Luck.

Thad. :D

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even if they dont sound the best, I am getting a really good deal from a guy on norcalvw.com, so I think it will be worth it.

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
OMG is the bullshit getting deep on this one. :eek: There is no problem with the quality of Sony subs. People think there is a quality issue since kids who on a budget are also the ones who want the loudest systems. They go buy a decent amp, some entry level subs, crank up the gain and proceed to blow them and then blame the subs. I've done cars with a pair of Sony 12s with a Sony 1000 watt classD amp that would do low 140s in a sealed box. Hardly crap. I don't know why ther JBL subs have a better rep either. Unless you're talking about the GTi series they're no better or worse than any Sony sub. I'll be my ass I could take any sub you give me and make it sound better than anything you've heard. It's all about experience and tuning.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.