Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about putting in the Sony CDX-F7700, what is the general concensus on Sony car audio? It has a silver face, blue background with effects and red buttons, not a dead-on match but good enough for me. Considering adding a sub eventually, but for now just using the exisiting Monsoon system. Sorry, B5.5 2001, GLS. I like it b/c of the 4v outputs and 7EQ settings.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zaju6N0mY17/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=300&I=158F7700&o=v&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

BestBuy has a deal on it, "free" install and 10% off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I'm comparing the Sony against the Blaupunkt Orlando and Miami, given the same price which would you guys prefer? Sony offers MP3, but I don't plan on using that much.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I would do the blaupunkt miami. I honestly HATE the new sony headunits. I will swear by my sony CDX-C90 any day but the new x-plode stuff sucks!!! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

·
Registered
441 Posts
adamwilk,
If you know you're not going to use the mp3 feature much, go with the Blaupunkt... it should be quite a good match for the Passat interior.

As for the Sony, I've had 2 of their HU's so far (one been a CDX-C90 same as Joker), and I've had no trouble what so ever, very happy with them, I don't know about the newer models though...

Good luck with your decision... and post a pic when you have it installed! 8)

Mike :)

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
If you stick with one of the Sony units that starts with MEX you'll be ok. Those are the new "ES" equivalents. If you aren't going to use the mp3 though, I'd do the Balupunkt, the install is crazy easy.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update, I just bought the Blaupunkt Orlando CD72 online with Crutchfield. Hope its as easy to do as you all indicated! I'll have photos of it for viewing once the install is done this weekend. Thanks for the input, I feel pretty good about the decision. Next step: SWIX remote adaptor for steering wheel controls?

:D

·
Banned
211 Posts
Thanks to jerks like JulianFang, quality_sound, stealth32x, the moderator pass-variant, i am uncontributing
since they say i have 200posts and say i don't contribute,

this will be my last post in this website ever,
I got too many of the "older" members with high posts disliking me for pointing out the obvious, like a For Sale thread in the discussion forum (for which the mod told me to shut up and left the thread opened) and to point out a rigged contest ran by Image Dynamics, stuff like that ticked these guys off, well i must be wrong b/c i'm being lynched for pointing out what i think is obvious, well more like jerks defending other jerks when one of them is wrong

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=895441#895441
The contest thread was deleted, but this latest episode hasn't been yet
there's many threads that i just keep on getting rude comments from them, i won't bother posting all the past, just this last episode

If they're going to make this website into a totally censored forum,
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=895441#895441 - the least you could do is let ppl voice their opinion on this thread, i for one hate that msg and the idea of this "bylaw"

i'm sure many of the jerks will be happy i'm gone,
it's been fun little boys, but i got better things to do then to enter engage in flaming discussion with old people

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
supertle said:
I like it b/c of the 4v outputs
higher output doesn't mean better, lower doesn't mean bad or better
it's all about matching your headunit and your amp level,
so i don't know why you like it b/c it's a 4v, this # means nothing to me when i'm in the market to buy a headunit

Not to mention amp gains are variable. Yes, a higher voltage (up to the max input of the amp) will allow you to keep the gains down and keep any background noise to a minimum, but unless you're competing it's not an issue.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just bought a Sony CDX-C90! Yeaaah! I haven't heard anyone lately speak highly of Sony HU's. I can't wait to get my baby... :bow:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like Pioneer and Alpine the best but Panasonic and Clarion also make good HU. Just my 2cents. Circuit City also running same promo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts