Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the option of installing a mint condition Pioneer Premier DEH-P900R to replace my Sony CDX-M620 head unit. I like the Sony because it flushes so nicely with the rest of the dash colors, however for the Pioneer I have the Voice Package system which enables you to control the head unit.

Should I keep my current Sony hu, or should I put in the Pioneer one? What would you do and why?

Sony:

Pioneer:

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
I'd keep the Sony. The rubber on the buttons of the 900 will wear off and expose the button underneath. The 620 is a better radio in all ways but one, the Pioneer has a better EQ section. I sold my brother the mobileES version of the unit you have and it still works flawlessly.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Ive had my 9200R for 3 years now, and while some people do wear their buttons off, I have yet to do so. Much much nicer deck than that Sony, I'm not a fan of sony at all. (well, the old Mobile ES that was preamp only was very nice.)

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
Espaz11 said:
Ive had my 9200R for 3 years now, and while some people do wear their buttons off, I have yet to do so. Much much nicer deck than that Sony, I'm not a fan of sony at all. (well, the old Mobile ES that was preamp only was very nice.)

You thinking of the old CDX-900? That was a nice piece if you got one with a good transport. I liked the mid 90s stuff the best, especially the CDX-C90. BTW, there were plenty of mobileES units with built in amps as well.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I sell both and owned the pioneer, a great deck. dont worry about the button thing, If the buttons wear you can get a new front cover for $18 and just replace the front of the face...looks just like new (thats what I did when mine started looking shabby)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.