Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my OZ's in today. Look bad ass... but... big problem.

The original lugs that came with the Passat are not long enough to fasten securely enough when i put the OZ's on. I've gone to a couple places and called a couple more, including the VW dealer and none of them sell longer wheel bolts for Passats... some don't even have bolts for the passat period.

Should the place I bought my wheels from have longer wheel bolts?

Also, my friend was looking at the wheel (this was outside in the parking lot of my fraternity house), then he put it back upright and oh so nicely did it ever fall over on the god damn wheel straight ot the concrete. Now i got some nice scratch and scuff marks on the god damn lip of my $500 wheel.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Yup, you need new bolts. The tirerack guy will sell them to you for about $2-$3 each.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Nu Mu 356 said:
Whew :)

Found the lug bolts. Was in one of the wheel packaging. I thought my friends had opened it up before i got there. Found it lying around the house.
Just make sure when you put on the new lugs the wheel spins freely! If it does not the lugs are to long and major damage will occur!

Oh and I would open up a can of Whoop A$$ on your friend!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wheels spin fine. Just drove it home. Looks a million times better, even though it's sitting on a stock suspension so it almost looks like a tank. I gotta get my H&R's put on immediately.

Anyone know what kind of shops will install springs. I assume VW would because they sell their own springs, but I don't want to pay dealer prices.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Nu Mu 356 said:
Also, my friend was looking at the wheel (this was outside in the parking lot of my fraternity house), then he put it back upright and oh so nicely did it ever fall over on the god damn wheel straight ot the concrete. Now i got some nice scratch and scuff marks on the god damn lip of my $500 wheel.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've always sort of wondered about this...
I mean, they're wheels. They're like shoes; why buy them and get upset if they get scratched or scuffed? When you consider the application, it's bound to happen.

I just don't get it...

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bound to happen, yes, if not careful, and it's usually from curb rash. But this was dropped on it's face before it was even on the car. If it did happen, I was hoping it'd happen a few months down the road

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll get some pics tomorrow. I was hoping to get my springs installed so it'll look way better, but i don't think that's happening at least till next week. Called the VW dealer which is the only place I've talked to that puts springs on so far and they charge $300 total to do it. Not worth it.

Some of my friends say they know people who know people, so I'm waiting till then. I'll get pics tomorrow

·
Registered
237 Posts
That is no friend. Kill the bastard!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nu Mu 356

I reccommend anti-sieze on those lug bolts
now, I know you live in a warmer climate
but when you go to get those wheels off
the aluminum will be stuck to the steel
especially those Hubcentric aluminum spacers
they are a big pain to get off

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nu Me 356, I feel your pain. I got new rims a few weeks ago, and about 20 minutes after UPS delivered them, my friend dropped it right on its face. :mad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
ksdesq
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing