Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. I got my car back from the dealership because of a heated seat problem. Neither the back nor bottom produced heat. They replace the element in the bottom and send me on my way. Well, I noticed that the back didn't heat . Why didn't they fix it while they had it in there??? So, I check around here and XedoS69 tells me to check a wiring harness behind the back support. I did and the wire was cut clean in half. So, that's the problem right? No other wires run through the back of the seat do they? I take it to the dealership and told them the wire was cut. They say they'll fix it for free because it should have been done the first time. I call back later in the day and the manager told me that the element was bad and needed to be replaced. WTF???!!! Why the hell didn't they fix that when they fixed the other one, last week??? What happened to the cut wire?? They tell me there isn't one!!! My vision isn't 20/20, but I know a cut wire when I see one. I told the guy I'd be up there tomorrow and I want to see the technician and have him show me how the cut wire magically healed itself. What do you B5 superstuds think??

Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts