Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed lately that with my A/C on, there is a smoke like substance blowing out. It doesn't smell or anything, just looks like smoke. A/C seems to be working fine. Anyone else experience this, or know what it might be from? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
What is coming out of the vents is the same thing that rolls out of your freezer when you open the door. The humidity in the car is condensing when it encounters the really cold air from your A/C. It should go away as the humid air in your car is replaced by the drier air coming off the evaporator.

SirWired

·
Banned
373 Posts
mark_j said:
It's just condensation (normal).
I wouldn't be too sure..... :lol:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I recent experienced it as well, the same exact thing, and there are some water condensation on the vents. Even when I was driving w/ no A/C turned on, the smoke would just come in, it was constant for like an hour until I got to work. I finally took my car and they are replacing my heater core as we speak. They will need the car for 3 days. Nice dealer, gave me a rental car on the house!
Hope this would help.

·
Registered
400 Posts
haha love that pic but yes this is normal i know it scared the shit out of me at first when it happend to me but it happend alot when i was traveling down to mrytle beach down in the mountains of virginia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.