Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I plan to finish the face plate next weekend when my new switch for heated seat, hazard, and defrost come. Unit is full functionally and has icelink and aux audio adapters(would like to go to a video/audio at some point). This kicker is this is in a B5 that is no can bus, I believe it to be the only one of its kind. If anyone would like to do this mod, let me know, I still have the patterns from the parts I made. As for the wiring thats long and complicated. Any questions, shoot.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
pix linky no worky.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
you should make sure you document it well in case some other fool wants to try this. :lol:

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its alot of work, I have all the patterns, where I got stuff and what I used. This is what I spent my whole Christmas break doing(well when you get out of bed at noon and only work for a couple hours a day). Wiring took six or seven tries, with a couple of self induced check engine lights(don't ask, surprised I didn't burn the car up)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
For 1350 its yours, you provided 2 nights lodging and 3 meals/with snacks a day and I will flight down and wire it up.
Hah Ive tried to work out plans with Corey too where he pays for my plane ticket and I help him with shit on his car. He has got it good and he doesn't even know it!

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hah Ive tried to work out plans with Corey too where he pays for my plane ticket and I help him with shit on his car. He has got it good and he doesn't even know it!
Haha, corey wants everything, just like the rest of us. This was definetly one of those spur of the moment mods/.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
ya so this if for sale, I want to try a new project, shoot me a PM and we can work something out.
You have so many assets its crazy. Unlike you, if I get an upgraded part, I try to sell the old one ASAP so I can just get by! Then theres you, with 4 sets of wheels, an extra turbo, and tons of other random things.

Share the wealth!!! hah, im just kidding. Would you sell the Navi with the bracket you are making so it looks clean in the dash?

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have so many assets its crazy. Unlike you, if I get an upgraded part, I try to sell the old one ASAP so I can just get by! Then theres you, with 4 sets of wheels, an extra turbo, and tons of other random things.

Share the wealth!!! hah, im just kidding. Would you sell the Navi with the bracket you are making so it looks clean in the dash?
I willing to sell it with the whole tray and face plate, I will add more pics later of the finished product. I may just head over to T-reg forum and sell the unit out right, its brand new, I have only entered one addy to make sure it was operational, its still has the plastic on it.

As for assets, I work 80hours a week from mid may till the end of august, Between end of march and early November I work 40hours and go to school, its how a pay for toys and school. I also invest my extra money.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts