Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check your fuse panel I just read a thread where the door locks quit working and it was a blown fuse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when you push th button on the driver's side, passengers side or rmote nothing happens. The only things that happen when i lock the doors with the remote is the alarm arms and the trunk locks. I did manage to get the fuel door open manually but it'd be nice to not have to dig in the trunk every time i need to refuel

·
Registered
694 Posts
The Bentley manual has a procedure for resetting the power windows after changing the battery, but doesn't say anything about the locks.

(In case you didn't reset the windows and maybe it's related: close all windows + doors; use key in door to lock, unlock, then lock again holding it in the locked position for at least 1 full second.)

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Do you happen to have a Allientec or Autowindows control ?

My car does does the same if a pull the lock pin on the read doors , they stop working untill I do the windows reseting procedure. go figure.... :crazy:

Fabio

·
Registered
694 Posts
Does that mean you can't physically insert and turn it, or that you can but nothing happens when you do?

Since most people use the remote exclusively, it's not unusual that it 'freezes up' sometimes and must be worked loose again. My wife doesn't always carry the remote, so that's how I usually find out I need to use some WD-40 again to free it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.