Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night while visiting Aroma Cafe in D.C., some fool ganked my Sharan Antenna off the W8. :cry: Usually I would be pissed, but it's sad for idiots to steal something as cheap as an antenna. Oh well, I'll just go buy another one...

Looks like it's time to install an aftermarket alarm when my stereo is finally completed.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow. Some people are THAT low as to steal an antenna?

At least it wasn't something big, like your stereo... :nervous:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
S_Klass said:
Valve stem caps... Antennas... what's next? :roll:
I had someone hock my BBS valve caps and my center caps a few weeks ago... just got new ones (almost a hundred bucks!)

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I had someone steal the emblem off my trunk. Kids are gold plating them and wearing them as jewelry.

So, I went with the emblem from the engine cover. Will probably replace it with the Beatle emblem.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
dyagoubian said:
the same thing happened to me two weeks ago. it pissed me off. this time i superglued it. hahaha
Yeah, but I have a bud who did the same thing and his replacement antenna was stolen too. Since he used loctite on the threads, they messed up the base, so he had to remove the head liner and install a new base.

Was a real PITA.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That blows man :mad:
Somebody stole 3 of my silver valve stems covers that came w/my wheels :mad:
Why not just take all 4 :???: prob just to piss me off :evil:
Death to petty theives

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BBS Valve Stems.. :mad:

I had a dealership steal mine and the Service Advisor sat there looking like Boo-Boo D Idiot! One of the reasons I'll never go to Stohlman VW for service again.

Where can I get some replacements?? :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
That sucks, sorry Swami. I'm going to Water Wagens next week here in Washigton state, and they recommend to take down your antennas when you park, just in case. It's sad really, when you have the whole VW community getting together but you have to hide your stuff :( .

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
FYI - an alarm will not help this situation. An alarm detects impact and opening. Even an alarm with a radar sensor will not help since if it's properly adjusted it will only active the warn away function and will only go full alarm if you reach into the car. You could adjust it so that the full alarm zone will cover outside of the car but you'll get an assload of false alarms.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had a dealer steal the small ring on my Keb FOB which holds other keys. Now I have to use a bigger key ring :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
RAH said:
I'm going to Water Wagens next week here in Washigton state, and they recommend to take down your antennas when you park, just in case.

When I parked next to him on Saturday @ Waterfest, I noticed that B51.8TJUNKIE took off his antenna. I hadn't even thought about doing it. Then I got real nervous when the MKIV crowd behind us (I hate to generalize) started setting up lawn chairs inches away from our cars. :nervous: I was worrying all day that I would come back to find my antenna, centercaps, smoked sidemarkers, etc missing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Back in the day I had two gas caps stolen from my '81 Rabbit the first month I owned it. On each occasion I went out and bought a new cap. About a month later that one was stolen too.

I had had enough. Rather than buying a new one I lifted one off of another Rabbit, figuring that I had already contributed 3 gas caps to the local Rabbit community and that it was somebody else's turn. Over the next 5 years I probably had 10 more gas caps stolen, only to take one back from another Rabbit. It's like there were 100 Rabbits in the area, but only 95 gas caps and every now and then, it was MY turn to not have a gas cap.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts