Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
</img>

First off, I need to know what that little black and grey round thing is just to the left of the arrow. Mine's got a hole in it. Anybody got a part number or at least a name???

Next, I'm about to change my plugs. I've got the 3 tipped densos. The dude at Autozone says they shouldn't be gapped, but I don't trust him. How do you measure the gap?? He says you measure from the tips to the ceramic. He said you can't even measure that on a triple tipped plug. Last time I put them in, I measured from the tips to the center electrode. Was I doing it wrong?? This has got me worried.

Third is for you suspension gurus. I've noticed today that when I'm in a slow turn and hit a light bump or something, I'm hearing some popping/cracking/unusual sounds from the front left. I'm on stock suspension at 85k miles. Should I be worried about this too?? Maybe it's time for some upgrades, but not unless my other is shot.

I'm about to get chipped, so I want to be in tip top shape. Any help on any of these questions will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The little thing in the pic is a one way air valve, it was posted a few weeks back don't know the PN. The guy at Autozone is right you don't have to gap them and even if you could good luck finding the right tool. The suspention thing could be a few different problems but the cheapest place to start is to see if your rack and pinion bolts are loose. There are three one under the car one under the battery and one under the computer. The only one you don't need to take something else off is the one under the computer. If it is loose I would do the others. If that dosen't fix it you got to talk to someone else.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C-mon guys!! I need some assistance here!!! I want to change my plugs today so if somebody could assist me with that issue I'd be oh so happy. I appreciate whatnow's response, but I'd like a variety of opinions!!!

Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
jjasper13
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing