Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed and waxed and shined and cleaned and thoroughly obsessed over all of the car last weekend and took pics (using a shittay disposable camera). Here are my 5 favorites. Thanks to Jordan (rollininstyle2004) for hostin' the pics! Without further adieu, my 2003 Mojave Beige B5.5 GLS 1.8t tiptronic! (note: pictures were taken on Jamestown Rhode Island if anyone's wondering)

Artsy opening shot :lol:

Flik Artics, 18*8.5 with Toyo Proxes 4 (225/40/18)

Painted engine covers, done by me!

At the beach:

Darker shot:

As for mods, the list:
-UPsolute 1.0 Bar chip
-Forge 007 DV (with the swivel thingy, thanks schmove!)
-Neuspeed SofSports that gave me a drop which looks like sports :???: (thanks S_Klass) on stock dampers
-plus what i've already mentioned and the visual stuff (wheels/tires, NB Turbo badge, and the OEM Chrome exhaust tip) Monster mats and fuzzy dice sold seperately. Enjoy!

-Wapptor

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You don't have to remove the calipers to paint them.

Most paint kits use a brush

the spray is usally a cleaner

You can even use a can of rust o leum from the hardware store it just does not dry fast.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looks good :eek:

Rich :wink:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, its just that I haven't put in Koni's or Bilsteins. Height is exactly the same, just informing you that I still have my stock shocks and am yet to buy new ones.

-Wapptor

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Dam that car is awful the color is the worst I have ever seen. But your ride looks very nice. :poke: :p :wink: :lol: j/k Nice chatting with you bro. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Because PhatRabbitzz,

I think Mojave Beige contrats excellently with red (look at your taillights sometime). Plus I sorta think of the engine as the "heart" of the car and red just seemed fitting. Its great for opening the hood too; you get that BAM factor ;). It really stands out, and to me it looks "right" with the MB. Diff. opinions I guess. Look at it again, maybe you'll see what I mean this time.

@renato - On 18's, the ride is definitely rough, its not jarring. I'd be wary of them in NYC though. Big potholes and speed bumps are doable, you just have to go slow. 18's just really force you to be a more careful driver. The grip is better, but I don't think phenomenally more so than 17's. Ultimately 17's are probably way more practical, 18's are simply HOT.

-Wapptor (nice car btw PhatRabbitzz)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.