Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1999-v6 was driving me crazy with an annoying stumble caused when gently accelerating from 1100rpm but would clear itself up, and not be present on a hard-acceleration. I bought this car 2 months ago and since then, I've replaced the TB, computer, battery, fuel filters, wires and plugs in pursuit of cleaning up a host of issues caused by neglect.

The codes were occasionally coming up with "Cylinder misfire #2" - just occasionally, but, the hesitation/stumbling was all the time. These are new plugs and wires. Just for giggles I put the OLD wire back on the #2 cylinder, and the problem went away!

Looking closely at the "new" wire that didnt work, I noticed the boot wasn't sitting right, and when playing with it, I discovered it wasn't seating correctly on the plug. I trimmed of 1/8" off the bottom of the plug-side boot, and now it clicks down fully & securely. The adjusted "new" wire was put back in place, and the car runs wonderfully now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.