Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been fun guys and girls. It is time for me to move on to a car that accomodates my needs a little better than a cushy family sedan. However, I have to give it to VW...that car put up with more crap that it was never meant to and it never broke. From roadcourse days at Little Talledega, to 1/4 mile passes every weekend, and from 150 crank hp to 190whp. The clutch never slipped, the engine never missed a beat, and even the control arms held together. I took a "slow" cushy family sedan and turned it into a "quick" somewhat well handling one and she never missed a beat. So, on to bigger and better things. Cars in the running...Mitsu EVO, STI, and the S2k. I'm looking to become an autox warrior and either one of these 3 weapons can do the job. I'm leaning towards the EVO mostly because of the room and deals you can get on them in comparison to the others. Anyways, just giving you guys the heads up...most of the newer memebers weren't around when I was into the Passat "scene" and was throwing down pretty decent numbers for a stock turbo no nitrous passat. So, for those that do remember, I will keep lurking like I do right now. Oh, and one more thing, will someone take their ass to the strip and beat my [email protected] That has been the "record" for about 2 years now and its time for it to fall(maybe it already has :???: )

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Well it was great to see you post like you did in a the past. Glad that the car held up over all the use and over the years. Sorry to see you go but hopefully the Mitsu will be an even better car for you. Autocross is fun, but its just not fun in a Passat all the time.

Steve

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Evos around my area are going for invoice. When I was shopping for one a month or two ago, I actually naggled the price down to invoice and they threw in a set of blizzaks free of charge. If you autocross, you might want to wait for the MRs coming out later this year with the upgraded turbo, 6 spd, and AYC.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
MRs are out, dude. My former STS competitor has moved to A-Stock w/ his Evo MR. And they look pretty good without a wing. :) And its not the full AYC...just an active center differential. :(

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have a weaker transfer case...which is a bad thing for someone who is probably going to be modding the car.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
No 14-second Passat, no 12-second (I think that's what it was) Civic B18C Turbo, hard to beat those fun cars

I thought when you sold the Civic you were saying that you were leaning towards the S2000? You want the AWD power now?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kiyoshi said:
No 14-second Passat, no 12-second (I think that's what it was) Civic B18C Turbo, hard to beat those fun cars

I thought when you sold the Civic you were saying that you were leaning towards the S2000? You want the AWD power now?
STI, EVO, or S2k. For one reason or another, I can't rule any one car out. All of them have their pro's/con's, but right now they are all tied in my head. I have decided that whichever one I get the best deal on will be the on in the garage. :wink:

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Blade, I have to say it's been a pleasure PM'ing and shooting the virtual shit here. You've helped me understand quite a bit about this little I-4-Turbo. Enough to know I should of at least waited one more year! :lol:

But like you, I realized to get to where you want to go, the Passat won't cut it. Mac knew this a long time ago and it just took us lemmings awhile to realize it. :) (yeah, notice how us old timers are now getting into other cars; newb's will have fun exploring for a few years.)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Herman, its true it took us a while to realize our goal was probably a bit too ambitious for the car.....but it was still quite fun and we learned a good bit(btw, your website is THE BEST out of any "detailed list of mods" website out there :bow: ). It seems as though your project is coming along nicely, I have read all your posts....I usually don't post that much just because I like to lurk, but rest assured, I have kept up with all of your posts on your motor and it appears as though things are going together efficiently and smoothly(lets hope the car build goes that way as well :p :lol:). Anyways, it looks like both of us are taking the appropriate paths to solve our love with speed and the driving experience. I'll see you on the other side of the fence 8) .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.