Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Dunno. What ever I can afford. 4Motion Variant coilovers are pretty up there. So far I'm leaning toward ST or FK

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Suspension on the way, just in time for Leavenworth. Rene at Hillside threw me a bone for some photo work, a set of H&R springs. Not the 3" drop I dream of, but I'll be glad to get rid of whatever height I can.

It should put me right around here:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I was hoping the springs would show up today so I could get them installed before Leavenworth. But, no luck.

It will look like this:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Now if the springs were in already, then I would have been lower than the Gallardo
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I saw you're car @ Leavenworth! I'll have to take a look at my pics, i think I got you're rear window sticker in the pic!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Some updated pics for kicks.

The wife got rid of her MKV Jetta. So now I'm in the market for an older BMW coupe of some sort. I'm leaning toward an E21 coupe. Quit the opposite of a Passat Variant, but better suited for when I don't need to haul stuff or people.

Example of a cleaned up BMW E21:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I just got my car back from the body shop today. Had a couple unsightly blemishes removed.

It's like the car never came with corner markers. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
haven't been on here in forever. What better excuse to bump my thread. Today, I'm taking off the Keskins and putting on a set of 5x112 17" Fat Fives and Conti DWSs. I have a little girl on the way, so I want a little more rubber between me and the road.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
So, long time no update. I sold my old E21, and bought a new one that will be a recreational car. I still have the Passat and am taking off the H&R springs and putting ST coilovers on it. I also picked up an E28 as my daily.

The new E21:

The E28:

And the Passat as it sits now:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I really liked your PSAT with the Keskins. But I have the same Audi A6 4.2 fat fives on mine as well and love those wheels. Strong, easy to clean and decent weight for a 17x8 (et35)

Sick e21 you've got there!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts