Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an end of an era when you sell a car you love. Sold my 02 B5.5 Passat the other day due to water ingress I couldn't diagnose, CVs needing replacement, service, age, fuel use (v6) and needing new rego for a new state. I'll miss the old girl, and this forum for providing so much useful advice on fixing its many faults. But now a 2008 2.0TDi Jetta sits in the garage, so I guess I'm just saying thanks for all the help, and keep up the good work, it's a great community. I'll be back when I can eventually afford a CC :p

Regards,
Joe

·
Registered
476 Posts
It will be a sad day when it comes for me to sell my 02 B5.5 Passat. I hope that I can draw it out to 200K+ miles just to rub it in the Japanese buyer's faces. Especially since I may have to move to an American car due to getting too big of a discount on it to pass up. Until that day comes I'll enjoy of B5.5 thank you! :)

But for now, I hope you enjoy your 'new' Jetta TDI. If you DIY I think you may miss the extra space in the engine compartment and longitudinal orientation. That transverse engine doesn't look fun to work on...

I think that you'll be buying a 2012 TDI passat in the future :p those diesels really do get nice MPGs. Once you go diesel, you don't go back :D ... unless you are made of gold and can afford rly high gasoline prices.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a passat TDI and drunk driver hit me and totaled that car for me. VW quit making the passat in a TDI at that point so I ended up with a gasser. I wish I still had that 05 TDI. 2012 ones are tons of money.
Have fun with your TDI it's a great car. See you over on the Fred's TDI club forum perhaps someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts