Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my Hella OEM HIDs that I had on my B5. They are still in pretty good shape. There are some small chips on the lens and the adjusting screws were stripped by its previous owner. I am selling these with BRAND NEW, matching clear corners which have no chips in them. I'm asking $800 shipped anywhere in the US. If you're interested, lemme know and I'll email you some pics.

Of course, price is negotiable.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, with more description. I hope I didn't scare anyone away with the "small chips" description. When I say small, I mean really small. Like you have to get right up on it to see the chips. And about the adjusting screws...the lights are still adjustable, you just have to use a screw driver instead of an allen wrench.

The actual light that is emitted is just as bright as a new one, from what I can tell. I've compared it to the intensity on my mom's TT HIDs and it seems just as bright. I"ll try and put some pics up tomorrow.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I added some pics. They are kinda large, but this way you can see that the lens is still in great shape.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm interested. Price is a little steep though. Tell me about the stripped adjuster. I hear this was a common problem. Are they still adjustable? Are they pointed in the right direction?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump for a great deal. If you have any interest at all, send me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why are you selling them, find better ones? Also, will they hook up to a 2002 Passat GLX, or do I need some sort of adapter/kit for them to work?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They won't fit a 2002. If you look at the shape, they are not the same. You have a B5.5 and these are for a B5.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't worry about it, $550 is better than no offer. Unfortunately, I do believe these are worth quite a bit more than $550.

I don't mean to sound mad or frustrated, cause I'm not, but am I really out of line asking $730 shipped for HIDs and new clear corners? Or has the right person just not come along yet? I've had three offers at $550. I don't want to appear like I'm trying to rip people off. If I am way too high, please tell me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ur not high.. hehe... i just slap a system on my passat. n buildin up turbo prelude.. so im lack of a lil $$. but i really really want them for my passat tho.. just though i gave it a tryin.. good luck on ur sale.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.