Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I know what the dV looks like, i just wanted to see the one you are selling.

Where is the DV located in the B5.5. I hope I can swap it from the top and not have to remove the belly. Could'nt find the write up

·
Registered
778 Posts
veedubyo,

On the B5.5, the DV is located on the passenger side, just behind the bumper. To access the DV, you must remove the belly pan and go at it from underneath.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
I just replaced my DV and although its a PITA to remove the belly pan, this is a relatively simple job and well worth it. BTW - $90 is a good deal for the Forge DV.

Free bump for a good deal.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
veedubyo said:
I know what the dV looks like, i just wanted to see the one you are selling.

Where is the DV located in the B5.5. I hope I can swap it from the top and not have to remove the belly. Could'nt find the write up
He is taking it off this weekend, I will take pics then..

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
veedubyo said:
Ok.
So what's with the red or yellow spring? What's the difference if any? and why is he selling it?
The red and yellow springs are part of the Forge tuning kit for the DV. The red spring is the stiffest of the springs which is considered for chipped or cars with stronger turbos.
The Yellow spring is perfect for either non chipped or chipped cars. it is the second behind the red spring in stiffness. I believe he has the yellow spring in the DV, because he has not upgraded the turbo but is chipped.
The reason he is selling is because he wants a blow off valve now.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
veedubyo said:
Ok.
So what's with the red or yellow spring? What's the difference if any? and why is he selling it?
From Forge's site:

Now you can fine tune your Blow Off/Diverter Valve to the exact needs of your engine with this complete tuning kit.

Your valve tuning kit you will find four springs and three spacers.

The strongest spring is the red, followed by the blue, yellow and finally the green which is the weakest. The spacers enable you to fine tune the settings between two spring tensions if required.
We normally supply our valves, unless requested differently, with a spring that will match the tension of the manufacturer’s original fitment valve. However, as many owners undertake tuning modifications some may wish to re-tune the valve characteristics to suit a given application.

If you are finding that the valve is dumping more than required or you are loosing boost pressure it is normally an indication that a stronger spring is required. Conversely if the valve is failing to dump it may be necessary to install a weaker spring. If during this tuning of your valve you are faced for example with the red spring being to strong and the blue spring to weak, you can add the spacers to the blue spring to increase the tension by small increments, thus achieving a setting between the red and blue springs

·
Registered
16 Posts
diverter valve

thats a good deal. i have a evo ms diverter valve and it works great. whoever is switching to a blow off, isnt a good idea. vw's are mass air vechiles which means that any excess pressure gets shot back into the intake, using the unwanted pressure. if you were to put a blow off valve, no air would be pumped into the intake, and then you end up with comp. faults.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts