Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating selling the ECS underdrive pulley I got off this GB as I now need the $ for wheels and an N75J valve. Asking for $130 plus shipping (it lists for ~$189 - see here ) which is what I paid for it with the shipping. Pulley and 2 belts still in the box, unused.

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the bump Rusty. Infact I have a nibble - a CB5er with a '99 1.8T. Will the pulley I have fit? Does anyone verify - mine's an '03. Many thanks for the bump guys!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bump for the $$

:wink:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the interest.

Have decided to hang on to it and get it installed when I do my timing belt @ 70K.

·
Registered
696 Posts
aww that would have been a deal. at least if will get some good use. anyway how many wheel horses are we supposed to get with these things, i thought it was somewhere around 4 :shock:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Um. AFAIK, the B5 ECS crank pulley won't properly bolt on a B5.5 hub without re-drilling the holes. I got one of the first B5.5 pulleys, and I told ECS about it "not fitting"

so they said, "By jove, you're right, we'll get a new one out right away!"

good luck!

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Spanky McGee said:
Um. AFAIK, the B5 ECS crank pulley won't properly bolt on a B5.5 hub without re-drilling the holes. I got one of the first B5.5 pulleys, and I told ECS about it "not fitting"

so they said, "By jove, you're right, we'll get a new one out right away!"

good luck!
Hmmmmm....

I hope you're wrong about this. :sad:

EDIT: PS, what engine code do you have?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
AWM.

There is a SMALL chace that the holes in my first ECS pulley were drilled wrong. OR they mistakenly sent me the part for a different car, this is always possible, but at the time it was "understood" that I got their original part from the AEB engine.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
AWM.

There is a SMALL chace that the holes in my first ECS pulley were drilled wrong. OR they mistakenly sent me the part for a different car, this is always possible, but at the time it was "understood" that I got their original part from the AEB engine.

:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
Spanky McGee
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing