Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of selling my used Passat B5.5 Bi-Xenons. They are euro spec (got them from Dirk) and fully plug-n-play!
They are fully functional. The right housing has a tiny minor scratch on the lower side (does not effect light output) and the passenger side is slightly fogged up (however there are no water leaks and they are air tight).

Price: $600.00 + S&H

I accept Paypal, my info is: [email protected]

Right Light

Right Light Scratch

Left Light

Both Light

Left

Right

In action!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've seen them in person and the fog isn't caused by moisture. They've been like that since the day he got them. It can't be moisture because it never burns off and there was never any sign of moisture inside. I'm thinking it's the plastic housing. The chemical vapors from inside the housing must have attached themselves to the housing. Similar to how your windshield fogs up after you spray your dash with any chemical cleaner/protectant and leave the car in the sun.

If you look real close at every light housing you'll see the same. You notice it more on projectors with xenons because the light beam is concentrated. Next time look closely at any car with xenon projectors, you'll see the same fog inside the housing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
28 Replies
10 Participants
quailallstar
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing