Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I got a true gem for sale!

Silver 2001 Passat with like-new black on black interior and a 5-Speed manual that shifts like new!
Got the car from a gentleman in Houston Texas a year ago during COVID and never registered it due to the registration deferment in Texas which just got lifted.
The Passat has always been a southern car (never even left Texas), has never seen snow and rarely seen rain with absolutely zero rust anywhere!
The car was already in excellent condition but just in the last 12 months I poured in over $3000 into this car and got it to near perfect condition!
Why am I selling you might wonder? Scored 2 B5 Audi A4s with the 2.8L V6 and both PES G2 supercharged and the GF says I need it gone and for those of you who have women in their lives, you know that their word is final lol!!! :ROFLMAO:

It was, and on paper still is, a 1 owner car with absolutely zero accidents - not even a reported fender bender and has always been garage kept.
A clean Carfax vehicle history report is included!
The engine code is a rare AUG (produced only over a span of a few months right before the B5.5 release in the US), which is essentially an AWM with the variable valve timing, drive by wire and wide-band O2 sensors but a tad more compression, making it extremely tuning friendly!
The car is mechanically speaking in impeccable condition with the exception of an off and on O2 efficiency fault and ever so slight oil leak.
The engine is in absolutely beautiful condition mechanically - always had full synthetic short interval oil changes and is running Liqui Moly 5W-40.
The transmission shifts like butter with crisp shifts into each gear, no shifter play/wobble and absolutely zero noise from the gearbox and no grinding - the shifting is highly satisfying!
The clutch feels stock with absolutely no signs of wear and feels nice and strong!

When the valve cover was done, it looks nice and clean with caramel gold colored surfaces.
The paint is in beautiful condition with exception of some minor beauty marks - nothing that can't be PDR'd or touched up!
The interior is absolutely breathtaking - mint condition black on black interior and the seats look factory new with absolutely no tears or wear marks!
The headliner is in excellent condition with no major staining and almost no sag!
The sunroof works perfectly, no water leaks, the AC blows nice and cold and the heater core hot thanks to regular coolant flushes to keep it from clogging!
The head unit got upgraded with a brand new OEM VW RMT-100+ ($500 radio) and all the bezels got replaced with brand new OEM ones from the dealer ($$$) - one of the large trims was the last one available in the US!

The car comes with a ton of maintenance records!
Some of the maintenance performed by me in the last 12 months:

• Added a lifetime transferable drivetrain warranty (up to $3000) through BG (transferable with all paperwork included)
  • Installed OEM HID headlights with brand new bulbs, ballasts and hardware
  • Recharged, reoiled and leak tested AC System (blows ice cold and no leaks in the system)
  • Replaced Valve Cover Gasket
  • Replaced Cam Chain Tensioner Gasket
  • K&N Drop-In Intake Filter
  • BG Motor Flush and 5W-40 Liqui Moly oil changes
  • New Large Volume Oil Filter
  • New H6 Battery (warranty paperwork included)
  • New 034Motorsport Silicone Vacuum/PCV Lines
  • New 034Motorsport Billet Diverter Valve
  • New OEM Fuel Filter
  • Replaced Factory Head Unit with Brand New OEM Volkswagen RMT 100+ (paperwork and unlock code included)
  • Brand New OEM Head Unit Bezels and Hardware
  • Brand New OEM Monster Rubber Mats
  • Brand New Jack Covers
  • Brand New OEM Volkswagen B5 Passat Hub Caps
  • Brand New OEM oil dip stick (both lower and upper parts replaced)
  • Brand new OEM key from VW (4 keys total)
There is more but those are just some of the things that come to my mind.
The car drives absolutely amazing and is in gorgeous condition and likely one of the last if not the only B5 Passat out there with an extended drivetrain warranty!
Included are a bunch of maintenance records and warranty documents for the extended warranty as well as various components still under warranty.
Pictures can be found right below!

The car is located in Dallas - Texas!
The price is $5,800 FIRM! SOLD SOLD SOLD
DM me with any questions!

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I'll admit, it's a very nice car. I really like that RMT 100 head unit.
That $5800 is a bit steep though.
Technically it's a 2 owner car. ;)

I just picked up a minty W8 6sp black on black from TX a few weeks ago.
1 of 41 in the U.S.
1 owner, never left the state of TX and paid just a slight bit more than that, and it's A W8!

Reactions: PZ

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll admit, it's a very nice car. I really like that RMT 100 head unit.
That $5800 is a bit steep though.
Technically it's a 2 owner car. ;)

I just picked up a minty W8 6sp black on black from TX a few weeks ago.
1 of 41 in the U.S.
1 owner, never left the state of TX and paid just a slight bit more than that, and it's A W8!
Nice buy!
I saw a 1.8T from California with more miles (76,000+), faded clear coat on the hood and roof, worn cloth beige interior, virtually no maintenance records, no warranty and virtually no details about the vehicle, what works and what doesn't, sell for not a whole lot less: Link
After the cars and bids fee, the buyer paid just short of $4000 (plus possibly shipping).
I believe $5,800 is fair not to mention the crazy market and someone looking for a low mileage reliable 1.8T that has been meticulously cared for, will appreciate this car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll throw in my 2 cents here; I don't think the price is out of line at all. When you consider the warranty, condition, low miles, and most likely total lack of rust I think the price is fair. If B5 Passats were collectible, this would be one of the better ones to have. If I hadn't just bought a 2010 Golf, I would be contacting the owner of this as I have a real soft spot for the B5 (and 5.5) Passats. Just great cars from the era when Passats were a real step above the competition in many ways.

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
I can confirm that I have seen this car before it was cleaned and detailed and it was in very good shape before any work was done. I did not check out the interior apart from a glance at the front seat and cluster.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
(edited for spelling - grammar)

Welp, I guess I gotta say that I was wrong. I did some checking on Passat prices and across the board they are up significantly from a few years ago. Like 30% up at least.
I guess this can be attributed to the whole Covid thing and used car prices rising because of the supply issues with new vehicles.
Price of my wife's Passat just went up for when it goes on the auction block.

Reactions: PZ and VAGguy

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Well that didn't last long. Awesome. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.