Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours is 720 sf on one level with a basement (unfinished). Soooo small it takes a fisheye to get an idea of how small it is:

Living:

Reverse angle:

hall (foreground right closet, right bathroom, office left, bedroom ahead)

Kitchen:

and thats IT! Have a smaller house than that?? ;-)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wouldn't belive the meals we bust out in this tiny space. Yes... The cutlery looks tempting at times....

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harvey Wallbanger said:
I wanta live in a warped house...

What lens and camera was that?
Um that's how it looks to me all the time... lol

It's a nikon fisheye I picked up at a photo house going out of business sale. Always wanted one but never wanted to pay the $150+ they usually demand. I guess I need to use a tripod and higher F-stop to get better depth of field... lots o blur eh?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hey, your place is still bigger than mine...I live in a 683 sq ft 1 bedroom. We put up a wall to divide the living room in half so my bedroom is about 12 x 12 in the living room. My brother had the real bedroom wich is 11 x 13. We do have washer and dryer in apt and our kitchen is alot bigger. Our living room is tiny though, just a couch, coffee table, side seat, and entertainment system. There is pass through counter in the kitchen though, so you can see the TV in the living room when cooking.

That's NYC for ya though...

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
If this is a SFR (aka a House) that is a damn small house.

We have a ton of lofts here in my neighborhood, in downtown Portland, that are that size and smaller (some down to 510!!!) Our price per square foot averages about 450 in this neighborhood(compared to 170 or so in the metro area), so they had to make small ones to keep it somwhat affordable.

Our loft has only a wall and one door(to close out the bathroom) other than that it is all open (the way I like it) our 11 ft ceilings and larger windows make it feel even bigger too. :D

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Does this "home" have wheels and axles?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
My folks just bought an 820sf place in downtown Phoenix. It is in one of the "historical districts" downtown. Basically this is a way to bring yuppies into the city and buy beat up properties in need of TLC. Even though it is still a trash heap, it cost them more than I paid for our 1200 sf house in the 'burbs. Of my immediate family, we have the "largest" yet least expensive house.

BTW, I like your place. Granted a larger kitchen would be nice, but I like what you guys have done with your place. The paint looks nice.

-Mark

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Take a venture at market price....

Have seriously considered an addition just for a dishwasher. $75k dishwasher that is!!

Any basement suggestions are moot before we had the foundations properly drained. Big hill that sheds mocho water from front to back of the site. Have to attack the gutters again this summer. arg. Get a little trickle across the basement floor occasionally so 2 dehum machines and no hydro-resistance on the floor is essential.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts