Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this happen to anyone else… you type a reply to a message but instead of posting it you just say forget it and close the window. I do this at least once a day :suspicio: I wonder what my post count would be if I didn’t do that.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
deleted

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
guilty :roll:
Usually when I do it I am on the way to making a point then think to myself"That doesnt make sense".

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
actually i've said technical stuff in my reply before, then not feeling 100% sure about it, i go do some research, find out I'm completely wrong, then abort the post completely.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I do it all the time. Especially when I'm upset at some previous post... I vent then capitulate to reason and drop the issue.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
haha - my old boss used to type nasty e-mail replies just to get it out of his system, then delete it and start over with the real thing but professional... I always thought that was pretty funny - I just didn't want to be there when he accidentally fired off one of the nasty ones...

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
I do it at least once a day. Usually its because after reading what I was about to post, I realize that I am offering nothing positive to the discussion and feel like my post would be either pointless or offensive. Now if only I could self-edit in person!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
At least once a day - some things are better left unsaid. If The Greek ever really wanted to make a lot of money, he would capture the "pre-send" text and e-mail it back to us and ask for $5.00 . . . or else it gets posted and not allowed to be edited! ;)

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Yep...do it all the time, mostly here in "Off Topic." I'm giving up contributing to controversial threads.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
00Psst said:
I do it at least once a day. Usually its because after reading what I was about to post, I realize that I am offering nothing positive to the discussion and feel like my post would be either pointless or offensive. Now if only I could self-edit in person!
Ditto... wait, that doesn't offer anything positive either.... ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H...

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
after being here for 2 years, i get tired of saying the same thing over and over again.
so when i'm about to say the same thing i've said like 10 times before...i just say screw it!

that's probaly why i have such a low post count :oops:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
yep all the time...when I think too long about it too... :puke: and especially with those 'controversial' threads.... :wink: :crazy: :suspicio: :bow: :weirdo: :thumbup: :puke:

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Yeah, I jetisson some posts. I realize partway through replying that the thread is just not worth the effort.

(4 to go)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts