Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be getting a job offer soon from a company in Boise, and since I've never been there, I'm trying to gather some information on the place. It seems like a pleasant place to live, with a pretty good arts community and lots of outdoor activities, but I'm hoping someone on here can give me more personal experience. Anyway, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I had a job offer in Coeur D'Alene like 10 years ago. Real estate was relatively cheap, lake was GREAT, boss's wife said she have me hip deep in eligable women.
Coeur D'Alene is a resort town, with the one big destination resort on the lake.
Once you leave town, it turns into Idaho in a big hurry.
Lots of guys drinking beer early down the coffee shop on hot days wearing long jeans and flannel on hot days because - only fags wear shorts. Everybody drives an F150. Reminded me of "Deliverance". :nervous: Didn't take the job.

But that was 10 years ago. We have friends who from Burbank, Ca. to Eagle, Id (just north of Boise) to semi-retire on their inflated California house sale money. They enjoy it Lots of young marrieds and young retire-ees looking for friends in the new housing development. Maybe not for single people unless your very outgoing?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think Boise is pretty nice but it is more laid back. Even more laid back than Salt Lake City I think. :) I have a condo in McCall, Idaho on Payette Lake just an hour and a half north of Boise. I go to Boise for business about every other month and I usually look forward to it. Good recreation, mountain biking, hiking and fishing is close by. I take my bike and my rod and reel every time I go. Housing prices have been moving up for the past few years and an area like Eagle is a nice place to live.
I love the area and wouldn't turn down a move there but a city slicker like my wife would probably get bored pretty easily.
Joe

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have friends and relatives there, and I visit occasionally. It is one of the places I would actually consider moving to from CA. Nice place if you ask me, and real estate is still a steal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts