Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i bought some bg44k, and was wondering the best way to use it. should i run the tank to almost empty, and then put the bg44k and fill up the tank? and should i run that new tank with the bg44k to near empty before i fill up?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Let us know if it helps. I do what you said with Amsoil Performance Improver. It comes in a 16 ox bottle which gives you the choice of doing an intial heavy dose or smaller maintenance doses. I choose to do the heavy doses every 6 months.

I have never noticed a difference with any of the products I've used, including Techron. I've never tried BG44K, which some say is the best. I just use the Amsoil trusting it is helping and because I like the bigger dose.

See also the SeaFoam post by Pancreas, which is a more direct approach to the intake manifold. I've done that too and not seen the difference. But we all know that gas gums up and there is oil getting in the manifold, so I keep on trying.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I like finding more hilly roads and a longer trip to get the car under load over a longer time. Can't always arrange it, but if you are going out of town is a good time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.